Now that Brian has built that terrific website, complete the polished look and feel with professional editing of your content. Brian has teamed up with Melanie Raine. Melanie has over thirty years of experience in administrative support, information technology, and education coordination.
Some of Melanie’s clients have been Conwal Associates, Sam Palazzolo & The Pathos Leadership Group, Heron Lake Watershed District, and others. Additional portfolio information and references are available upon request.
Pricing is based on one of three editing styles.
LIGHT TEXT EDITING / PROOFREADING:
- correct spelling errors and typos
- grammar mistakes
- word choice and usage
- consistency of stylistic elements such as pronoun point of view, verb tense, and level of formality
- basic review of formatting for consistency (see below)
$50.00 per 2,000 words
MEDIUM TEXT EDITING
All of the above plus the following:
- rephrase or rewrite awkward or unclear sentences
- replace jargon
- insert transitional words and phrases as needed
- pare down sentences for concision
- moderate formatting
$50.00 per 1,500 words
HEAVY TEXT EDITING
Heavy text editing is also known as substantive editing, and includes all of the above plus the following:
- reorganize text and restructure paragraphs and sections to achieve logical coherence
- suggest rhetorical, stylistic, and logical strengthening
- extensive formatting
$50.00 per 1,000 words
- layout of citations/footnotes, tables, figures, headings, margins, and type fonts
How to order
To find the word count for your entire site, download TD Word Count. Follow the install and usage instructions.
If you would prefer to have particular pages or posts proofread, you’ll find the individual word count at the bottom of the content box on your edit screen.
Use the contact form to order content editing. Make sure you indicate your editing level preference and your word count.